Monday, November 24, 2008

I have been named!

What a week! This week was full with mom and Mamina (mom's mom) dragging me all around town to get ready for the naming ceremony yesterday. We cooked, cleaned and shopped up a storm. Mom and dad also found me a daycare center for when mom goes back to St. Mary's. I haven't seen it yet, but it is close to the house and I can wear cloth diapers there.

Sunday was the big day. First off, I got to meet Nima (dad's mom) for the first time. She helped us all get ready for the party.


I got to meet Grandpa Bill, Uncle Lee, Aunt Lynn and my Leikam 'cousins', Tanya, Josh, Christina, Jakob and Madison. I also got to meet my Great-great aunt, Tata Rita and her son Vlad. They came all the way from New York to visit and will stay for Thanksgiving. So many people came to meet me. It was great! If you came and have some good pictures, send them to mom or dad so they can link them to the blog. Here is a picture of me with Mamina, Tata Rita, Tata Cathy (mom's sister), my cousin Nico and mom. Pretty cool to have 4 generations together.


A lot of people want to know about my names. My name Alexandre, come from Mamina's dad. It means "defender of mankind". Alexandre was an amazing photographer and owned a photo studio in France. Here is a picture of him with my mom.


Wilson comes from Nima's dad. It mean "son of Will". Wilson was also an artist and painted beautiful painting, one of which hangs in mom and dad's room. Here is a picture of him with his whole family.


It was important for mom and dad to honor their maternal grandfathers since neither got a chance to meet them. Sunday, I also got my Hebrew name Zev ben Miryam. Zev means wolf in Hebrew. In our house, mom is the cat, dad is the bear and I am the wolf! So whatever name you want to call me, give me a call :)

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hi Alexandre: I finally met you in person and it was wonderful. You're so small now but will be growing up rather quicly now. When you get older, I'm sure that you'll enjoy your cousin Madison. She's about the same age as you are. I really enjoyed the party and had the chance to talk with Vlad. He's an interesting person. Again, it was good to meet you and see your mom and dad again. I'll write more later, in the next installment.
Peace,
Grandpa Bill

Carolyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Barron Park, Palo Alto! The Mazenko's are thrilled to "meet" you, and have been eagerly following your blog since we received your postcard. Wonderful photos! You are well-blessed to have such an attentive, loving family. Congratulations and all best wishes to Sonia and Theo!
xoxo Carolyn, Max, Nick & Simon