Sunday, November 9, 2008

3 weeks and growing!

I went to the doctor last Wednesday and he said everything was looking good. I'm now 8 pounds 3 ounces and grew an inch and a half since I was born. Mom and dad have just been relaxing around the house for the past few days so it's been kinda mellow, but I think I've had some gas or something because I get a little grumpy and cry during the day and night and early morning. The weather has started getting pretty bad with the occasional break for some blue skies and slight warmth. Dad started getting sick on Wednesday, but it was just a cold so it wasn't too bad. He was studying a ton for the CPA exam that he thought was on Saturday, but it turns out that it was on Friday afternoon. Good thing he called on Wednesday to confirm the time and realized it was a day earlier. We'll just have to see what the results are.

Saturday we got a visit from Rachel, Julia, Darren and Audrey. Mom used to take care of Rachel and Julia when they were little. Now Rachel is so big, she can hold me!
We had a great visit.

Saturday night, we went to have dinner at Jim and Hanmi's house and it was super yummy! This past weekend, I also took my first real bath. I loved the water, but hated getting out of the tub. I even peed on mom in protest.

Mom has been sick the last two days, but dad is taking good care of us. It sure is going to be hard when dad goes back to work next week. I have been eating every 1.5 to 2 hours the last few days. Mom and dad think it is a growth spurt or something. I also have developed some baby acne which doesn't stop mom and dad from gushing over me. We are also going to give the bottle a try soon. I will report back on how I feed with it. They are fancy glass bottles but nothing beats a boob.

Dad posted more pictures on the Flickr account. He didn't realize that there was a monthly upload size limit so all the large pictures he uploaded on November 1st pretty much used all the space on that account. He created a new account so for the new pictures click here. If you want to go back to the old pictures then click here. Dad will fix things soon so you don't have to jump around.

3 comments:

Christmas Card Commentary said...

Well, it's pretty amazing how the generations keep passing on, with Rachel and Julia growing up - maybe some day they can babysit you!

I also thought you might be entertained by what ex-candidate McCain said on Leno. He said that since his election loss, he was sleeping like a baby: sleeping for two hours, then waking up and crying!

Ha. Ha?

Nick said...

Good to see you blogging away Alexandre Wilson, I also had a case of the hiccups on election night.

PS
Good luck on the CPA exam.

Bill said...

Well, well you're growing up, Alexandre. Sorry to hear that your mom or was it your dad got sick. Around here the flu bug is going around. You stay away from that one, okay? What do you think a bottle will be like? Kinda cold compared with your mom, I bet but hey, it's all part of growing up. I'll be up there to see you soon. Take care and try to sleep during the night.
Peace,
Grandpa Bill