Saturday, September 27, 2008

Belly Pictures and More!




This week was another busy one, even though it was mom's first full week off work. We did spend a lot of time lying in bed because mom is sick with a flu/cold, but we still managed to get out and see friends. Mom and I have been running around doing a lot of errands and seem to go to the craft store almost every day. She is almost done with my quilt and is hoping to finish it soon. We have been up a lot between 1:30 am and 5 am, so she sews a lot then as to not keep up dad. The nesting bug has also hit mom pretty hard and she can't stop making lists and organizing stuff. Dad is being very patient with her since she wants to get a lot of things done, but can't climb up on stools and such. He even helped mom lay out the quilt. Dad also got some really good news this week. He passed the auditing section of the CPA. Way to go pops!
We got a special visit from Aunt Audrey who is sadly moving away from the west and back to Chicago. It was nice to spend the afternoon with her and hang out. She and mom bought me a llama finger puppet made in Peru. Aunt Joanna is coming Tuesday for a whole week to spend time with us! I will let you know what we end up doing together. My guess is there will be a lot of adventures to be had. Mom and I now have to go to the hospital twice a week, so I am sure that will be part of our fun days with Aunt Joanna. We went today, even though it was a Saturday, and I finally passed my stress test on the first try! I feel less stressed when dad can come hang with me and we can watch football while mom is hooked up to the machines.
Over Labor Day, all three of us had our pictures taken by our amazing friend and neighbor, Hanmi. She did an amazing job and this week delivered our prints. Dad won't let mom post the nudie ones, so here is a sample of the ones with clothes on. We also this week installed a phone line at the house at the request of many since the cell service is bad inside. Email mom or dad if you want the number. We also uploaded Skype so when I arrive, I can talk to everyone around the world with the web cam. Rosh Hashanah is coming up next week and we are all excited to start a new year. Too bad mom can't have a lot of apples and honey because of the diabetes. We wish you all a sweet and wonderful year. Shana Tova!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Well, it seems as though everything is coming along well and naturally. I mean your mom is in this nesting period. I remember when your dad was on the way that his mom too went into a nesting period, changing everything, wanting to make everything new-different.

I have to remember to get you something Alex. Just a little reminder will do. It's on the Amazon list.

Well, take care of yourself.

Peace,
Grandpa Bill

Christina Leikam said...

Those photos are beautiful Alex. You will really cherish them one day. Your Mom is positively radiating :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us posted - visually as well...
Shanah Tova!
Vlad and Tata Rita