Well, just 2 more weeks and I will be officially ready for the world and be 37 weeks. Mom and dad are excited and can't wait to meet me. On Friday, mom got the news from the doctor that she had to stop work, so she and I spent today, Monday, snuggling with the kitties, reading books and running errands. I will miss being at St. Mary's, but love all the extra nap time we are both getting. We head to the doctor again on Wednesday for yet more tests and and an ultrasound to see how much I have grown. We will see if he decides to move the induction date forward even more.
Dad is working hard and is ready to be on paternity leave. He has not really taken a vacation since he started at Isler, so he is ready for a break. He is studying up a storm for yet another section of the CPA and has a lot of returns to do at work. He did find time tonight to brew the famous Alexandre Wilson Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. He promised mom would get the first sip and he would make sure to pack a growler for the trip to the hospital.
My new stroller came, a gift from Tata Rita. It is a very pretty red. Mom and dad had fun reading all the instructions and figuring out how to recline the back, snap me in and protect me from the rain. It was funny listening to them. I mean, they both are college grads with advanced degrees and they seemed to have a bit of trouble. Not to worry though, I have faith they will figure out all this baby stuff.
Speaking of baby stuff, mom and dad have finally figured out the diaper situation. They think it is strange to imagine me pooping, but they are thinking of using both cloth and disposable diapers to deal with my messes. For the first 3 months, mom will be at home with me and they think cloth will work well most days, with a few disposables thrown in there. Once they both are back at work, it depends on what happens with me. If I stay at home with a nanny, which is their first choice, they will keep mostly using cloth. If I have to go to daycare, they don't do cloth there and it might be easier to switch over to disposables. The nice thing is since cousin Nico had cloth diapers, mom and dad can try it out, since they can borrow the covers for me. It sure is nice to have an older cousin just down the street I can borrow things from.
3 comments:
Yes, I'd bet it is hard/gross to imagine you'll be pooping, since now all the waste you create just goes back into Mom's body. She's the ultimate diaper!
Hi Alex:
What would you think if I were to give you a year long gift of diapers? I like that idea. When your dad was born his mom and I had a diaper service. Would you like one too and for a year? Let me know.
I'm coming up there to seen you in November. Take care of yourself.
Now I hope that this posts correctly.
Peace,
Grandpa Bill
Salut,
Quelques mots en français pour que tu n'oublies pas tes origines...
Je suis ravie d'avoir eu de tes nouvelles et d'avoir vu ta chambre. Pour ton cousin tu verras c'est super sympa comme ça tu pourras récupérer toute ses affaires (habits, jouets...)moi j'ai vécu ça avec ma cousine d'Amérique!
Passe bien le boujours à tes parents.
Post a Comment