Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on life

Well this last week has been a busy one.  I am growing bigger and am moving less often now in the womb. I tend to shift all of a sudden instead of make the quick movements I used to make. I can hear mom and dad talk about me "morphing" or "aliening." I really like to move at night when mom and dad are lying in bed. It is really nice when dad puts his hand on mom's belly and hangs out with me.

Mom started insulin for her gestational diabetes and is doing a great job with the needles. She was a bit scared at first, but is a pro and it is only day 2. The doctor wants to make sure I don't get too big before I come out, so it is important to keep those blood sugars down!  I am spending less time at St. Mary's since the doctor also recommended mom not work full time anymore. It is nice because she and I can hang out at home and craft or with cousin Nico and Tata Cathy.  

Dad took mom to the home brew store this weekend to pick out the ingredients for a special beer for when I am born. It is going to be a chocolate oatmeal stout called The Alexandre Wilson. Rumor has it, a good stout can help mom with breast feeding and I think I will really like beer. 

5 comments:

Brett said...

haha only you would be looking to make a beer named after your baby, love it!

Christmas Card Commentary said...

Thanks for this update, Alexandre. I'm looking forward to meeting you! I might come up and hang out with you next Friday, if you'll be around. Let me know what your plans are, will you?

By the way, I love your name.

Bill said...

I'm your grandpa Leikam talking at you Alexandre. I hope that you pop out into this world with us pretty soon. I want to see you, hold you and come to know you. I have to add that what with that beer they have brewing for you, we might have a party. Give me a bit of lead time before you're born so that I can prepare to come on up to your house.
Peace and Love,
Grandpa Bill

Jill said...

I love the first person account from Alexandre Wilson. He is such smart little guy. Great word choice and perfect grammar. I look forward to meeting him.

Jill

Christina Leikam said...

Hello Alexandre,
I am your second cousin Maddy and I can't wait to see and play with you. We are all getting really excited for your debut. I hope your Mom is feeling well.

Oh...and my Mom wants you to tell your Mom that she wants to try some of that beer :)

Madison Leikam