Sunday, March 22, 2009

5 months and eating!



This Saturday I turned 5 months old! The biggest things that has changed this week is that I have started eating food. I started out with just rice cereal, but have quickly progressed to applesauce and avocado! Above is my first bite of just rice cereal and my reaction to it. I was not pleased with the first few bites, but liked it better the second time. Soon, I have heard I will move on to carrots and sweet potatoes. Mom get a cool book from Tata Isa with French baby food ideas and they do it right. None of the bland stuff they give American babies. They even have a rabbit and polenta dish that they recommend starting at 6 months (not that I will be eating that, but wow!). Mom really wants to buy this cool tool that would help her make food for me, but is hoping someone might get it for her birthday. It is called the Beaba Baby cook. It makes it super easy to cook and blend all sorts of food. Speaking of birthday's, Wednesday was papa's birthday and we went out for drinks for our friend Cash. It was great fun. I know you all want to see me in action, so here is a video of me eating cereal with applesauce. Yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, so I see there's another post from you. Ah, food. Good food. There's nothing like it Alexandre. With a good wine too. I remember when I was growing up, I hated rice. Too bland. Yuk. I needed something that tasted like something. I now love rice dishes.

I have to know, what does tata mean?

I sent your father a book about Ice Hockey. I hope that he enjoys it. We talked on the phone too and that was good. I liked that conversation.

I need to go for now.
Grandpa Bill

MissMVK said...

One of my favorite baby / kid cookbooks is The Petit Appetit - here's the link to it on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Petit-Appetit-Cookbook-Organic-Recipes/dp/1557884536/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238027639&sr=8-1

Also get some Baby Cubes for storage. They are the best! Congrats on moving on to solid foods Alexandre!