Saturday, October 11, 2008

Still inside

Well, mom gave me an eviction notice like a week ago, but I wasn't really paying attention and I'm still here in the womb. She's tired all the time and has been lucky that the weather is getting a bit colder because that means that cats come and sleep with us. Joanna left last Wednesday, but Aunt Cathy, Bill and Nico got back from Wisconsin so mom and I still have people to hang out with while dad is at work. Dad starts his paternity leave on Wednesday afternoon and he gets a whole month off so we can spend a ton of time together. He has been really busy and even had to work today despite the fact it is Saturday. He did get off in time to take us to the hospital for our weekly test. I passed both this week!

This week mom has been learning the art of baby wearing, so when I arrive, I can be held in slings and such. She learned how to use a Moby wrap for when I am super little and the Ergo for when I get bigger. She also volunteered the two of us to go to the hospital so residents could practice ultrasounds on us. I flashed her a big high five and the doctor got a picture. I am positioned head down and ready to go.

Around here, mom and dad are still getting ready for me. Instead of a baby shower, mom and dad decided to wait until I was here and have a naming for me. I will receive my Hebrew name and be blessed on November 23. I will have already been circumcised so don't worry about having to see the snip. Rabbi Ariel will be there and I hope, so will you. Give mom and dad a call or drop them an email if you plan on attending.


Aunt Cathy has also offered to set up a meal train for us after I am born. If you want to bring us a meal after the birth, she can help you figure out what day might work well. You can email her at fixechapin at yahoo dot com

That's all for now. I'm going to go back to wearing out my mom and not letting her sleep at the same time.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Alexandre, I'm not known as muzility although when I log in and write, it always says that. I'm your grandpa Bill.

It really seems as though you should jump out of that little warm place you're in and come on out into the world with all the rest of us. We want to see you, hear you and get to know what kind of a guy you are. I'd love to see what you're doing when you're 30 something but that won't be the case.

Anyway, you're being born into one hell of a great family; a family that has a venerable history.

Peace and Love,
Grandpa Bill