After 39 weeks in the womb I'm finally out and in the real world! Things are a lot different out here, but my mom is a champion for trying so hard to get me out
First off, I am sure you want to see more pictures, so click on the link here
Mom and dad checked into the hospital Sunday night to begin the induction and not much happened until Tuesday at noon when Dr. Polo broke the water. That's when mom got instantly serious and kinda grumpy with everyone. After a few hours of back labor, the doctor decided to speed things up with an epidural and that made everything wonderful. People could joke with mom that she sounded like a cow during a contraction, telling me to "Moooooooooooove" in a low voice, but more importantly it sped everything up and in a few hours I was ready to come out. The doctor came back from dinner with just enough time to get things ready and catch me at 11:09 on Tuesday the 21st. I was 7 pounds 5 ounces (3.325 kg) and 20.5 inches long (52 cm). Aunt Cathy and our doula Kelly were a great help to everyone, especially mom of course.
We stayed at the hospital for another couple days while mom and dad recovered and I got monitored and poked with needles and slept. I passed all the tests and everyone thought I looked great. All the nurses were very helpful and gave a ton of tips to mom and dad. We met with a lactation consultant and I am now a champion boob sucker! Aunt Cathy, Uncle Bill and my cousin, Nico came to visit, as did Emily. It was nice to see all the people I have been hearing for so long. We finally left on Thursday afternoon to go home. Mom hadn't left the maternity area for 4 whole days and there was a stretch of about 36 hours where she didn't leave her room at all. It was a beautiful fall day with sunshine and amazing fall colors.
When we got home my three kitty brothers were excited that mom and dad were finally home again to give them some attention. They were curious about me and gave my head and car seat a few sniffs. Overall the cats have been really great with me coming home and they seem to actually like me. No pissing on my stuff and they have all laid down and slept near me. Even when I'm hungry and demanding food they go about their own business. Right now it's mom, dad, me, and Neko (the little black cat) all in bed relaxing.
So far things are pretty good around here and I can tell that mom and dad love me a ton. They keep telling each other how cute I am. I think it's time to sleep, but I'll keep you updated. If you want to visit and bring by food, just give mom and dad a call. We would love to see you!
2 comments:
Welcome to the World, Alexandre. We're happy to have you with us and that everyone has been so helpful. I thought that was really neat the way you described the way the cats greeted you. So cool. When I come up to meet you, I'll give you a big hug. Oh, yeah, I also sent you a gift. I hope that it will be useful. Take care of your mom and dad and let them have their time to sleep too. That's really important.
Peace, Grandpa Bill
Alexandre, you are such a cutie. We are so glad to finally see you! We can't wait to meet you in person! Welcome!
Love,
Cousins Josh, Christina, Jakob & Madison
Post a Comment