Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm coming out!

Mom and dad went to the doctor on Wednesday and they determined I am coming out! Ready or not, by Tuesday night, I will be out of the womb and in the real world. Mom and dad will check into the hospital on Sunday night and if all goes well, Monday I will be out. Worst case scenario, Tuesday late afternoon, I will appear via c-section. One thing is for sure, mom and dad have declared they are not leaving the hospital unless I'm out! Mom and dad promise to update all of you, but don't be surprised if they don't answer the phone or call back. If the wait is killing you, call Aunt Cathy for updates since she will be managing all phone calls and such.

Dad is officially on paternity leave as of yesterday and it has been nice having him around. He helped us today when we were at acupuncture, keeping mom calm and putting his hands on the belly to calm me down too. Those needles sure make me move a lot. With dad home, mom had a burst of energy and she had the urge to got o the store at 10:30 pm and get cooking. She cooked a bunch of yummy food for us to eat. Unless I decide to show up early (which mom and dad are still hoping for), we plan on spending the weekend relaxing with friends at the fresh hop festival on Saturday and building a sukkah with our synagogue on Sunday at the annual Press the Flesh celebration in Mt. Tabor park.

Send good thoughts, prayers and labor pixie dust our way. See you on the outside!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, dang, you're gonna join us all, huh? I can't wait - well there are a lot of us out here who can't wait and I suppose most of all your parents. I will send some labor-dust your way and urge you to come on out without a C-Section. I've also scheduled my flight so I can be there in November.

Peace and Love,
Grandpa Bill

Christina Leikam said...

Yeah Alexandre! We are so excited for you and your parents. We can't wait to meet you. Have a happy birth and we will be looking forward to some pictures!

Josh, Christina, Jakob & Madison Leikam :)

Christmas Card Commentary said...

Can't wait! Good luck and Godspeed on your journey, Alexandre!

Christmas Card Commentary said...

OOOOH! I am so excited that you are being born right now! I can't believe it that you're already here or on your way - and that this is all happening and I don't even know what's going on with it! Life! Wow! I hope all is well and I really can't wait to know what's happening - make Cathy post an update here or something!!!

Happy Birthday, Alexandre!