Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hoppy Fall!


First off, Happy New Year! L'Shana Tova! Life has been so full these days and the fall is off to a great start.Mom, dad and I spent a weekend a few weeks ago harvesting all the hops we could find. We harvested from the community garden across the street, our friend Carrie Jo's farm and in our very own back yard. Dad then brewed 10 gallons of fresh hop and we froze the rest for future batches.
The very next day, I got hand, foot and mouth virus which made me so mad! Some kid at daycare gave it to me. Dad was out of town and I wasn't allowed at daycare since I developed blisters and a fever. I didn't sleep much, which was really hard on mom, but she rocked me all night since that was what I wanted. I was lucky enough to hang with Sarah, Monine and even mom took a day off. It was fun to be with them. Maddox and I even went to the zoo. In other daycare trauma, some kid bit me! Mom went to pick me up and was shocked because I had a bite mark on my cheek. I guess some people don't know how to share and respond to toy grabbing with bitting. So rude.

One of the cool new additions in the house is my Mambo Combo or the hamster run as mom and dad call it. It is two tents with two tunnels and the cats and I love it! My cousin Nico came over too and we had a blast.

The days are getting colder now, but our neighborhood still knows how to have fun. We had our last summer block party and it was awesome. I especially loved dancing to Michael Jackson with all the other neighborhood kiddos.

I really enjoy playing the drums these days, as well as "walking" while holding on to someones hands. I like to give big snuggles and to pet the kitties (if they don't run away). I like to feed myself lots of new foods like sweet potato fries, asparagus and spaghetti squash. I have even started drinking some cows milk. I am still in love with all electronics, especially the phone.

Mom and dad are starting to plan for my first birthday party. If you are in the Portland area and want to join us on Saturday, October 24th, we will have a potluck from 4-7 at the house. Please, no need for gifts. I have enough stuff.

1 comment:

morganrenee said...

Ok, SML--he looks just like you! I love the tunnels, by the way. I friend of mine has a 1 year old and we gave him a little tent for his first birthday and she says he LOVES it.