The ground is covered in snow and the city of Portland has been shut down for days. It is just too cold for a baby like me to go out most days. This is the most snow Portland has had in at least 10 years and many cars are stuck. I imagine that living in a snow globe would feel like this. It has been so peaceful to watch the snow fall. At least this gives me another excuse to sleep even more, which is what I've been mostly doing with mom on the couch. The parents have been reading, watching movies and cooking to keep themselves busy.
I miss my cousin Alexa and Tata Isa who left to go to the Cape, but had a great time with them. I hope to see them again this summer in France when I go visit. Dad's mom, Nima, came to visit. She helped out around the house and babysat me a couple times. Glenn was also here and I think he enjoyed relaxing in the house as long as the heat was on.
I have been enjoying Channukah and watching the flicker of the candles each night. We have had Channukah meals with the Skondins and the Rickers. Lots of fun all around. Here is a picture of me at the Skondins and sporting my stylish Channukah bib.
I have a new rattle I borrowed from cousin Nico that I love to hold and shake sometimes. Clutching things has become one of my new skills and I have been getting lots of new toys to practice on. I also have started grabbing mom's hair and I like to hold both hands of my parents when I fall asleep in their bed.
On Christmas Eve, we headed out to Tata Cathy and Tonton Bill's house. The Chapins, Jon and Joann are visiting for Wisconsin, so we had a lot of fun celebrating with them. My cousin Nico had a lot of fun showing me his new toys. I really enjoyed staring at the lights on their pretty tree. Here is a video of us dancing on Christmas morning to the new CD mom and dad got for him.
We are finishing the festivities this weekend with the Ricker's annual Boxing Day Party, a wedding and the arrival of mom and dad's good friend from college, Uncle Nick. Sorry about the delay with this most recent post, but both computers in the house have been acting up. Mom's logicboard went out and dad had to take his into the Apple store to get a tune up since it was acting up.
1 comment:
Alexandre: From what you wrote it sounds like you're doing really well. I like the pictures you send because I can see how much you've grown. Try to get your mom and dad to include longer video clips. I was going to call your mom and dad and ask them about the snow but things have been very busy here and I didn't get a chance. Thanks for letting me know. It's been cold down here in Palo Alto too but certainly not as cold as where you live. I hope the computers are working well again. It's a good way to keep in touch. Well, I just got home from a trip south and have to write a new article. Take care of yourself.
Peace and Love,
Grandpa Bill
Post a Comment