 |
| Yummy Latkes at Dvora and Karen's for the first night! |
 |
| First Chanukah! |
Happy New Year!
The holidays are over, but we all had a great time. We hope you all enjoyed time with your family. We are grateful for all of you and happy you are a part of our lives.
We stayed home this year and despite being far from grandparents, we managed to have fun. There was a whole bunch of hanukah parties and presents and we all went to Coco's (Nico's) house on Christmas morning. Mama and I decorated the house with dreidels and menorahs or "mauras". By far, the most frequently heard song at our house this year was
this one. I now know all the words and am obsessed with it still, despite it being January.
 |
| At Peacock Lane with Mama and Miss Piggy and the Grenouille |
This last week we all had time off from work and school so we decided to get out of the house for a while and spend some time up in Seattle. We had a great two bedroom place all to ourselves so I got to run around a lot and we ate lots of great food from Elysian Brewing, High 5 Pie's and Beechers cheeses.
 |
| At High 5 Pies! |
The best parts were going to the flight museum and the science center. At the museum I ran around looking at all the planes and spaceships and aircraft carriers and the people working there loved my airplane hoodie.
 |
| Love all those airplanes |
 |
B is in outer space!
|
 |
A is following quickly behind him. Will they find a new planet?
|
The science center was great too and they had a great butterfly house that you could walk around in and see a lot of tropical butterflies. One landed on Mama's sweatshirt and then flew off and landed on Benjamin's foot. He wasn't too happy about that.
 |
| At the butterfly house in the Pacific Science Center |
 |
| Unhappy B with a butterfly on him. |
Back at home post- Seattle, we are all getting back into the swing of things. B started school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is now 4 months old. He weighs in at 15 pounds, 3 ozs and is 25 inches long! Wow! He is also going to be moving into his own room soon. He is a lot of fun to play with as he is grabbing things and makes lots of noises. He also rolled over for the first time today.
 |
| Ready to go. I am loving grabbing balls and eating my hand |
As for me, I am enjoying my French school and every day learning new letters. My current favorite letters are O like Orange and P like Papa. I am having trouble figuring out the difference between N & M and O & Q. My class is currently learning about Russia and I am really liking rhythm songs we sign with movements.
Both boys love the rainforest mat (and the kitties too)
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe B is already 4 months. Time sure flies. It looks like you all had a great time this holiday season. The pictures are adorable. Happy New Year. :)
You sure had a lot going on during the holiday season. I would have enjoyed being with you at the air museum. I'll tell you something that your mom and dad don't even know. When I was a young man many years ago, I wanted to be a pilot in the Navy. I wanted to fly jet planes and go super fast. My real goal, however, was that once I got my license to fly jet planes, I was going to do everything humanly possible to become an astronaut and go into outer space. That's what I really wanted to do. Maybe one day you'll get to go out there and visit some far off place in space.
You'll begin to understand those letters. Don't worry your little head about that. They'll come naturally. Now, once you learn them all and you begin to write your thoughts and feelings, make sure that you write so that others will enjoy and learn from what you have to say.
One last item: The fox are doing well. Maybe one of these days you can go out with me and we can watch the wild fox play with each other as they grow up.
Peace,
Grandpa Bill
Post a Comment