Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer almost gone!

What an exciting time. Auntie Emily got married and the whole family was there including Marleen who came up from California. Mamina stayed for a few weeks which meant lots of hanging out, especially with Nico.


Having a pine cone gathering war at the wedding.



Eating a yummy cupcake at Elsa's soccer party. I loved being able to kick the ball around and dribble. I still love all balls and often request to go play baseball at the park. I always insist on standing on 2nd base and having my "nitt".


Papa has been my constant companion since he has way more energy than maman right now. He loves to take me to the park and out for treats.


One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh fruit. I love raspberries and cherries the most. I recently learned how to eat cherries and not swallow the pit.


We are all hoping the baby will get here soon! He moves around a lot and when I see it and let everyone know that "Jenjamin is dancing". I was very excited that maman got a tree hennaed on Jenjamin. When I am asked what he will do when he comes out, I respond, "Jenjamin waaaaah, diapers and eat chicken".

Here is a video of me dribbling the soccer ball. Other kids were running around and kicking the ball, but I wanted to practice the fundamentals.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Nice dribbling!

Bill said...

Alexandre: Keep working on the fundamentals all the way to the point to where you don't have to even think about what you are doing. Then you know it's time to graduate and move into the higher art of soccer or anything else you do.

It sure sounds to me as though your summer has been fun and your learning. Is your new brother going to be called Benjamin?

Your old grandpa has been taking video of the fox that I'm tracking. I have 12 videos up there and some of them are fun what with the young gray fox playing with each other. Have your mom or dad show them to you on YouTube. Here's a link to one I shot where the little fox is teasing an insect. The fox's brother comes in a little later and eats the insect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gt-Rs3g-oo

Take care.
Peace,
Grandpa Bill